Tuesday 31 July 2012

A Visit to Walmer

Walmer Castle, Deal
Yesterday was spent at the tranquil Walmer Castle, in Deal. Fascinating stories of Queen Victoria, Duke of Wellington and his death mask (eugh indeed). I love it here, and I could definitely imagine myself living in a castle like that, my kind of decor very grand yet homely. Will have to take some DIY inspiration from the windows leading onto the veranda, painted a gorgeous purple and lilac for each pane with cream shutters, CUTE!
It was a lovely day though as the Brothers and sister had never been before and they really showed an interest, although Egg was far more worried about being attacked by ghosts, no matter how much I reassured her, and Roo was more interested in running up and down the hill, and then there was 16 year old Toad who reluctantly came but soon found he had an interest in photography.

I think this castle with its wonderful Gardens is great for a vintage photo shoot, (which definitely needs to be done one day). Egg did a great job capturing my vintage look for the day in a few photos, which included my gorgeous thrifted handbag, Will have to dedicate a post to it soon.
My favourite part was definitely the vintage games on the lawn, Whilst the children played Chess, Toad and I played a game of Quoits, how very British!
And the whole family came together for the traditional stop at the gift shop. All in all a lovely visit, and luckily the rain held off!


Toad, Egg, and Roo

I see No Ships



Toad in his Vintage RAF coat
I was Wearing
Dress: Primark (blue with seagulls no doubt)
Cardigan: Vintage 80s
Bag: Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment